Thursday, October 16, 2008

Hummus Pita Bento

Yesterday Jim enjoyed the hummus pita sandwiches I made him for lunch. I thought about making them again for today's lunch but I couldn't figure out how to fit the fully stuffed pitas in the box so I made chips instead. I cut the pita into 6 pieces, stuffed them cheese and toasted them for about 8 minutes. While they were toasting I filled a cup with hummus and (after the "chips" had cooled) packed them all together.

The rest of the box was just random other goodies that I thought he would enjoy. There are 2 boxes of yogurt raisins so he has an afternoon snack as well.


The main lunch box contained:
Pita Chips stuffed with 4 cheese blend
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Grape Tomatoes

The secondary box contained:
Cashews
Yogurt Covered Raisins (2 boxes)
Sliced Plum

No comments: