Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Chicken VanDamme Bento

Chicken "VanDamme" is actually just Chicken Divan with a funnier name. I made a large batch of this casserole last night and when I packed up the leftovers, I packed the bento as well. No need to find Tupperware to fit it all and dirtying more dishes. This chicken divan recipe comes from my mother of course.


Ingredients:
4 cooked chicken breasts, shredded
1/2 cup mayonnaise (I use lower calorie mayo made with olive oil)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 tsp lemon juice
10 oz package broccoli
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1/2 cup Bread crumbs
1/4 cup butter, melted

Method:
Preheat oven to 325-350ยบ F. Cook broccoli until tender. Mix chicken and broccoli in a casserole dish. Mix mayo, soup, and lemon juice in a separate bowl and pour over chicken and broccoli. Mix shredded cheese, bread crumbs, and butter and sprinkle mixture over casserole. Bake 25 min.


The main lunch box contained:
Chicken VanDamme

The secondary box contained:
Tomato and Cilantro salad with Garlic Olive Oil
Plum
Blueberries

I have to admit, this was the best divan I have ever had. I hope Jim enjoyed it as a leftover in his bento. Yum yum yum.

No comments: