Thursday, October 23, 2008

Bean & Onion Saute Bento

Jim and I bought a rice cooker last night and I wanted to use it this morning. I will finally be able to put rice in Jim's bentos, yay! The cooker worked perfectly, I am happy to say, so I am sure you will be seeing more rice later.

Because I needed something to go with the rice, I scrounged around the fridge and freezer and found some frozen green beans. I sauteed some garlic and onions in olive oil and then tossed in the beans. I salted and peppered them and then tossed them in the bento after I had packed in the finished rice.

The rest is just my normal bento fare. Cookies and fruit.


The main lunch box contained:
Sauteed Beans, Onion, and Garlic
Rice

The secondary box contained:
Apples Sliced with sprinkled cinnamon on top
Chocolate Mint Cookies

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Isn't everything better with a little oil and garlic and onions? Yum!