Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Another Sandwich Bento :-(

My default bento lunch is a sandwich for Jim. I know it is very boring, but he likes them (I think). Today's is nothing short of basic. With the fresh summer produce gone I am going to have to get more creative. All of his fresh fruits have been apples or grapes lately and that's just not going to cut it.

With the colder weather coming, I think I may have to use my new crock-pot (thanks mom!) to make an old standby in my parents home: a nice root stew. At least Jim will be eating some vegetables that he's not bored of yet (namely carrots, parsnips, turnips, potatoes, maybe cabbage). And I suppose with fall coming some pumpkin is in order. Decent fresh fruit is just hard to pack in the colder months. No worries Jim, where your next bentos may lack in fruit, they will make up in roots and holiday cookies.


The main lunch box contained:
Turkey & Roast Beef Sandwich with swiss cheese, mustard, and lettuce

The secondary box contained:
Grapes
Apple Slices
Cheese Cubes

No comments: