Monday, September 8, 2008

Spaghetti Bento

Leftovers reign in my household again. I had leftover spaghetti sauce from Friday's dinner. However, all of the leftover cooked wheat spaghetti was gone, so I took a quick 8 min to cook up some fresh pasta before packing this bento. While that was cooking, I cut up the apple. I tried to make this box a little more bento-y by spearing some fresh blueberries. Not having any of those fun picks (and the fact that this was for my 26 year old boyfriend) I decided to use plain wooden toothpicks. Its fun without being cute.

The sauce is actually a standard basil tomato sauce dressed up a bit. I added hot italian sausage, sauteƩ mushrooms, fresh basil, garlic, and a little brown sugar.


The main lunch box contained:
• Leftover Whole Wheat Spaghetti with Tomato Sauce

The secondary box contained:
• Sliced Apple (I also threw a travel Peanut Butter cup in his bento bag for dipping the apples)
• Fresh Blueberry spears
Cheddar Cheese chunk

The under-the-lid dessert was:
Dark Chocolate square
Dark Chocolate with Pomegranate square
Dark Chocolate with Blueberries, Cranberries, and Almonds square

I also tried something different with the photography. I think it looks much better thank some of my previous photos. Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

Coffee and Vanilla said...

Thank you for your entry! Love idea of using spaghetti in bento... :)
Margot