Thursday, August 21, 2008

Fit & Fresh Bento Box with Flexi-Freeze Bag

While my mom and I were shopping at the grocery store I came across a cute lunch box that I thought would be useful to my mother. It was a Fit & Fresh "Lunch on the Go" box. Even though my mother already has a bento box (see previous posts), I thought she should give it a try since she loves taking cereal, yogurt, cottage cheese, and dips that all require refrigeration. Bento boxes are typically for a room temperature lunch, so I came up with a few ways to allow my mom to transport her lunch safely, and with the new Fit & Fresh, very neatly as well.


First, lets talk about the box.


It is comprised of a main course container for sandwiches, meat portions, salads, or leftovers; 2 serving containers perfect for yogurt, vegetables, or cottage cheese; an ice pack that serves as a divider between the upper and lower layers; and a tight sealing lid that can also be used as a make-shift plate.


According to the box, the inner ice pack stays chilled for up to 6 hours. It also provides stats on how much the containers hold. For your information, the larger container holds 22 fl oz (660 mL) and each small container holds 10 fl oz (300mL).

Fit & Fresh's website boats that their system "makes it easy to adopt a healthy lifestyle. Innovative Preparation, Transportation, Dining, and many other unique, inventive products combine to create a system to prepare and enjoy healthy, fresh, portion-controlled snacks and meals." Although, I wouldn't really call it innovative nor consider their whole idea behind portion control to be new and exciting. Bento boxes have been around for ages and they boast compartments and portion control. However, Fit & Fresh's ice packs are pretty cool.

Speaking of ice packs...A few years ago, when I was in college, my mother bought 2 of these ice pack-like lunch bags off a home shopping channel. They were made by Flexi-Freeze because you could literally unzip the bag, lay it flat and freeze the whole thing. When you were ready to go, you pulled it out, zipped it up, packed it, and left.



The walls were filled with little bubbles, similar to industrial strength bubble wrap, that were filled with genuine purified water. No more leaky blue goo, or dangerous chemicals.  The whole bag is squashable, stretchable and easy to fit into tight refrigerators. If you have no fridge to put it, you can just leave it under your desk until lunch time. Being a commuter to school, I never had a place to store my lunch, so sometimes I was forced to leave it in my car. Even left in a hot car for over 3 hours, I still was able to eat a cold lunch! It really was a time and money saver.  


Because of having this bag already i decided to pair it up with the Fit & Fresh. Works perfectly! I can't wait to try it out!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, for all time i used to check webpage posts here in the early hours in the dawn, for the reason that i enjoy
to learn more and more.

Feel free to visit my blog post :: glutenfreie Ernährung
Also see my page - bofrost glutenfrei

Anonymous said...

Howdy would you mind letting me know which web host
you're using? I've loaded your blog in 3 different browsers and I must say this blog loads
a lot quicker then most. Can you suggest a good internet hosting provider
at a honest price? Many thanks, I appreciate it!

my web site: wordpress installation

Anonymous said...

Heya! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any problems
with hackers? My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing many months of hard work
due to no data backup. Do you have any solutions to prevent hackers?


Feel free to visit my blog Low Carb Rezept

Anonymous said...

I think the admin of this web site is genuinely
working hard for his web site, as here every information is quality based material.


my web page - diät frühstück rezept

Anonymous said...

I am not sure where you're getting your info, but good topic. I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding more. Thanks for excellent info I was looking for this info for my mission.

My web page: nahrungsmittel bestellen
my website - was ist zöliakie

Anonymous said...

Saved as a favorite, I like your web site!


my web blog: paläoernährung

Anonymous said...

Good day! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give a
quick shout out and say I genuinely enjoy reading through your blog posts.
Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that
cover the same topics? Thank you so much!

Feel free to surf to my blog; low carb diät muskelaufbau

Anonymous said...

Hi there, You've done a fantastic job. I will definitely digg it and personally recommend to my friends. I am confident they will be benefited from this website.

Also visit my website steuerberatung in wiesbaden

Anonymous said...

Have you ever considered creating an ebook or guest authoring on other websites?

I have a blog based on the same topics you discuss and would really like to have you share some stories/information.
I know my viewers would value your work. If
you are even remotely interested, feel free to send me an e
mail.

My web site containerschiffe in wiesbaden
my site :: aktientipp